Tuesday, September 2, 2008

HOT, HOT, HOT!

The girls and I braved the heat and humidity, ants and mosquitoes, for an outing to the park last week. I have been really lazy all summer and we just haven't taken advantage of the park behind our house as much as I would have liked. So, we are turning over a new leaf and making outdoor play time a daily requirement again. In Fairfield, we spent just about everyday from 4-6(or 7) outside playing with all our neighbors. In our new neighborhood, we don't have the social circle that we did before, but we have an awesome park and playing field just a minute away. So, as of today, September 2, 2008, I am on a mommy mission to get back outside and enjoy the great outdoors (or at least our little slice of suburbia). The girls love it and it sure does beat the late afternoon blues. Hopefully, my good intentions will outlast the Texas heat!

3 comments:

Melisa said...

That sounds like fun. I'm glad to see that you are braving the heat... I can't wait for the chilly weather!

Rachel said...

I just cannot wait for it to get cooler! 108 today with the heat index. UGH!

The last two are awesome!!

Lisa said...

It looks like you're soaking it all up! What adorable pictures - they're such pretty girls!