Thursday, September 4, 2008

I only cried twice...

These were the very profound words of my 4 year old on her first day of preschool. She then told me that next time, she would only cry once. And that on the third day, she would cry zero times. It seems she has it all worked out how to wean herself from me and making it through the school day.

She looked so big and grown up this morning on the way out the door. I was so proud that she was excited. Lately, she has been going through a little seperation anxiety and hasn't been looking forward to a new school. We have been talking alot about how much fun it would be... How she would make new friends, do art, learn to read and write, play on the playground. Last night I overheard her telling Gracie about all the the things she would do... Then she said "Sounds like a lot of work to me... I wish I could stay home with you and Mommy..."

But, she did it... She made it through with only crying twice and had a great day. She sang some silly song all the way home and has been practicing all afternoon to sing it for her daddy. She made a friend with a little girl in a brown shirt (it is hard to remember so many names) and ate her whole lunch. She even got a happy heart!

She was trying so hard, not to cry.
While Lucy was at school Gracie and I, cleaned house and played outside. I even convinced her to sit still so I could attempt to fix her crazy hair. Pretty cute if I do say so myself!



I am so glad school is back in session and we can get back to some sort of schedule. Here's to a great year!

3 comments:

Melisa said...

Sweet Lucy, I am so proud of you. You will love preschool and make so many new friends. Hang in there.
~Melisa and Madison

Sabrina said...

I am so honored to have heard the wisdom first-hand! Lucy is such a character!!! It was great to meet you all today at the park! Gracie's hair is adorable! See you soon!!

Melisa said...

Just checking on you .... is everything alright??? How is preschool going now?