Friday, September 26, 2008

Countdown to the big Three-Two...

Well, for the last month I have been setting my alarm for 6:00am, to get up before Chris leaves for work to go running and attempt to lose the last few (actually way more than a few) pounds I have been holding on to since little Gracie was born. Every morning for the last month, I have snoozed right through said alarm, and promised to start tomorrow, that is until Tuesday. I finally got my lazy butt out of bed and made the first steps toward my goal. I have committed to every other day. I am starting out slow and short. And hoping to work up to about 3miles. I know it is no huge feat, but it is alot for this out of shape, lazy mama. I am also considering joining a gym.

I really enjoy working out, but I find it hard to go run with the kids and I am not much of a morning person. This is where all my friends and family come in... I need you guys to make me accountable. I have added a counter below. It is only 5 weeks until the big day. I know that I won't be able to lose all the weight I want by then, but I hope that in 5 weeks I can at least establish a pattern and a habit to get me on my way. I want to fit into my skinny jeans by 2009. Do you think I can do it?

6 comments:

Natalie said...

That's awesome. Maybe you can work in the marathon next year! :) Good luck!

Rachel said...

I know you can do it Erin!!
I think you look fabulous, but I understand the feelings.

Good luck and God Bless ya, I'll try to hold you accountable darlin'.

ibbabs97 said...

Think about Jazzercise but go to one with child care.

natalienicole said...

i'm 100% sure you can do this. you can't have much to lose, so this will be more of a lifestyle change. plus, if you join a gym, the kids can go and they always have fun (if it's a good gym...worth the money)!
let me know if i can do anything. this is what i do for a living! :)

Kara said...

I have no doubts! You are always so good at following thru. I'm here to help anyway I can!!! Good Luck.

Melisa said...

you can do it...you can do it...keep up the good work