Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend Projects

So, Chris and I got several items checked off the old honey-do list this weekend. Our list of things to do on the house keeps growing. We want to do some many things to make it our own, that we are quickly becoming a little overwhelmed. But this weekend, we decided to knock out a few. Here are the end results of just a few hours of work, thanks to our awesome helpers!


My new green dining room with a beautiful wrought iron chandelier.




No more NASTY white sink. WOOHOOO!! That old thing was so gross. We were hoping to wait and replace the sink, when we did the rest of our planned kitchen remodel, but I couldn't wait any longer. The disposal was hardly working and the pipes underneath were getting clogged. After I had to plunge the darn thing for the 4th time last week, I gave up! Now I have a beautiful, deep sink and a brand new disposal! I can't wait to do dishes now (well, I can wait, but maybe I won't grumble as much!). Ain't she a beauty?



We are still trying to decide what color to paint our family room. I think the paint department at Lowe's is getting a little sick of me. I have been in there so many times for samples, it is ridiculous. Our fireplace is starting to look like a calico cat. It is really a hard decision because the room is so big and I only want to have to do it (or at least pay someone) once. Any suggestions??

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I think I have that same light! Looks great, and can't wait to see the rest on Thursday.

Lisa said...

Your house looks beautiful! Love the paint, light & sink! The paint choices all look great too.

Sabrina said...

All of the improvements look fantastic. Want to come over and redo my house, too??