Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Road Trip


The girls and I left last Wednesday for a road trip to San Antonio to stay with one of my best friends, Missy. We have been friends since elementary school. We invaded her very clean and orderly house for three and a half days. The girls had a blast and I enjoyed getting to visit with such a great friend. We went shopping, out to eat, cooked dinner, played in the sprinkler, and watched movies. It was great. The only real sign of our advancing age is that we got drunk on three bottles of wine while we watched chick flicks in our jammies after the little girls went to bed. In the old days, we would have at least gotten dressed up and went out on the town. Oh well!



We were even lucky enough to visit with some other friends while Missy was at work. We spent Wednesday afternoon with my college roommate, Melisa and her girls. We haven't seen each other in eight years, but we have gotten back in touch lately through our blogs. Lucy and Madison had fun playing while the little girls took naps.

We also went swimming on Thursday with my two high school friends, Kristen and Jenny. Kristen has too little girls just like me. Lucy and Sarah were such buddies right from the start. They were so cute playing together. Jenny's little one, Luke, was the only boy. When he gets older he will understand that the odds were totally in his favor surrounded by 4 beautiful women at the pool!

On Saturday, we left Missy's to meet Chris and the family at the river in Gruene for a reunion. Stay tuned, I am still working on my pictures from our awesome river weekend....

2 comments:

Melisa said...

Erin,
It was so great to see you. Thank goodness for our blogs in that we knew a little about what had been going on in the past 8 years. I can't wait to see you next time we are in the Houston area.
~Melisa

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun having you and the girls stay with me!! I love you all so much and it really was wonderful to come home to the three of you each evening!! Advancing age huh......I think that the fact we were so hung over the next day was the real indicator.

Love you,
M