Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Quack and Waddle 2010

Last Saturday was the Navarro ISD Duckfest. Team Evans/ Buskirk/ Varnell was there in full force for the 5k. It was a flat, out and back course (my least favorite) through the farm fields of Gernonimo, TX.

Dad put the hurt on all of us. It was Chris' first race and he did awesome. I was so proud of him. I recorded my fastest time yet, and Sara and I both placed in our age divisons. It was lots of fun.



After the race, they had games and activities for the kiddos. Grace and Lucy had a blast. The biggest event was the rubber duck race. They released thousands of rubber ducks in the creek and then let them race to the finish line. Unfortunately, the wind was working against the ducks, so they had to be coerced into racing.




Thinking about the next race,