Monday, May 10, 2010

Jam Packed Weekend

What an awesome Mother's Day weekend! It was full of fun activites and even better company.

Sara and I started off the weekend, with a 5K run. We competed in the Pearland 10th annual Pear Run. The weather was perfect and we both managed to finish in one piece :). We literally crossed the finish line together, but her size 10 feet managed to record a time that was .1 second faster than me. I am considering investing in some clown shoes so that it won't happen again. Our next race is in 2 weeks, so hopefully we can improve our time a little.

Mom came into town right after the race and we all headed out to Froberg's for a little strawberry picking. It was our second time this year to go and pick strawberries, but this time we had a specific purpose. We were planning an all day jam making party.

We took the yummy berries home, then spent the next 5 hours cutting, measuring, stirring (Thanks, Agata!), and processing 3 batches of the yummiest jam. We even ate some of the extra on ice cream for dessert after supper. It was is so good. I have to make myself ration it, so that it will last longer than two weeks.


On Sunday, the girls surprised me with some awesome Mother's Day gifts (Yeah, for my topsy turvy). For breakfast, we had biscuits, bacon, and a quarter of a jar of jam. Seriously, it is the bomb.

After breakfast, Dad arrived and Sara, Mom, and I went and got pedicures. It was a great way to start off the day. I think we should make it a tradition. After our toes were beautified, we headed over to Sara and Justin's for lunch. It was a great afternoon. The girls played and we all sat around and relaxed.

It was an amazing weekend, spent with my wonderful family. They remind me everyday how much I am loved and how much I love them!

Loving my life,

2 comments:

Sara said...

Great post about a great weekend. We really enjoyed it too!

Bill said...

What a weekend....After reading that one, I have to catch my breath. Great pics... The jam pic has great grouping. I don't normally eat jam but I tried it and it was really good. Dad