Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Morning...

We spent Christmas morning with my parents and brother. Since Sassy and Justin were in Nebraska for Christmas this year, we are having our Evans Christmas after New Year's. It was a really relaxing, fun, and food-filled day.

After we checked out the rest of Santa's goodies, we had yummy Cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs, a Christmas tradition. Then we hung out and played with the kid's toys. Lucy got a stomp rocket from Poppy and Granny and Gracie got a really cute dollhouse. They both spent hours playing with their new treasures.


For lunch, we had gumbo. My grandmother used to make it at the holidays, so it was a nice treat!

It was a really great day, but a little sad. My parents were in the midst of packing for their big move. I can't believe that will be my last time to see my childhood home. We made so many happy memories there. I hope the next family is as blessed!


We are looking forward to next weekend, when we have our final Christmas celebration. Gotta love it when you get to stretch out the fun for two whole weeks!!!
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Sara said...

We wish we could have been in two places at once too but it just isn't possible! It is one of the drawbacks of marrying a non-Texan. Hehe.