Monday, June 2, 2008

I will take my watermelon with lots of sand, please!

We all took a trip to the beach yesterday. We were in need of some R&R after all the work we have been attempting around the house. Now that we are so much closer, the beach is more doable for an afternoon trip. Grace absolutely LOVED the beach. She would run and giggle the whole time. She would fall down and just laugh. I have never seen a kid so unafraid of the water. Lucy is a little fish, but the beach has always been a little scary to her. Well, not Grace. She was cracking us up. After a little play time, Justin cooked burgers and then we ate a whole watermelon. It was just the right end to a perfect picnic.

Lucy finally decided that the waves were cool. She really had a great time dancing and jumping all around. It was too cute to watch her acting silly in the waves... Just like a little mermaid:)

This was my favorite beach picture that I took last summer. Unfortunately, this year the beach we will be frequenting isn't as gorgeous as Destin, but the kiddo is still pretty cute (and looking really grown up)!


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Erin, if y'all were down here and didn't call you're in trouble.
WE were at the beach yesterday and that's what the beaches in Corpus look like.

Uh huh. That's all I'm saying.

Erin said...

Nope... We were in Surfside. Just a little south of Galveston. I wish the beaches in Texas looked like the beaches in Florida. I would never leave!