Friday, June 27, 2008

Hiking Buddies...

The girls and I just got back from a short trip to visit Granny and Poppy. We always have a great time. The girls get spoiled rotten and so do I! We play and hang out and take naps. It is better than a day at the spa.
My dad (Poppy) decided to take Lucy hiking last night. She has been asking to go, since she saw Little Bill and his dad take a hike a few weeks ago. Lucky for her, her Poppy is a hiking pro. He has scaled many of the high points in the US, including major treks to the top of Mt. Hood and Mt. Whitney.

So in true Poppy fashion, he devised a great plan to hike along the river for about a mile. They checked out the bugs, turtles, leaves, and lots of rocks. They looked so cute walking off down the trail with their backpacks and walking sticks.

Granny, Grace, and I were waiting at the end with a picnic supper. We then played on the playground and fed the ducks. It was a really fun time. Lucy kept saying it was the greatest day ever.


We finished off the night with a trip to a local ice cream hotspot, The Dairy Treat.

4 comments:

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

I love(!) the behind pics. I gotta look around for some cute behind pics to take....ha ha.

Melisa said...

Erin,
I am glad to see an update. I was beginning to wonder what happened to you. Now I know that you were with your family. What a neat experience for Lucy to share with her Poppy. I love local ice cream stands...they have the best ice cream ever!

natalienicole said...

too much fun! and oh my...i can taste the lime sherbert from dairy treat right now. one of my favorite things to miss from victoria.

Anonymous said...

I think this is one of my favorite posts! Lucy and Poppy are so cute together. It made me smile. And of course I love seeing all of the familiar V-town pics.