Thursday, March 6, 2008

In 30 years from now....

Yesterday, I was furiously scrubbing the bathrooms, when Lucy came in and asked me to come and play for the 4th time.
"Not right now, sweetie! Mommy, is in the middle of cleaning the house."

"But, Mommmmy..... The babies and I are having a picnic." and off she ran.

A little later, I looked outside and realized she had drug all her stuffed animals, a blanket, my two kitchen barstools, several books, and her kitchen utentsils out into the backyard. She was currently singing to "her audience" with her microphone. How cute was she...

My mom is always telling me to remember to take a few minutes (even when I don't have them) and enjoy the little things the girls do everyday. She says that in 30 years, I will wish I had those little moments back and instead they will be gone. So, I left my bathrooms half cleaned and went outside to enjoy the show. The day was so gorgeous that we ended up having a picnic too!

I am glad that I am a mom, because we are almost always right!!!

(I think this picture is payback for the booty crack pic, I took at the beach. Lucy insisted that it was included.)

1 comment:

Melisa said...

That is hilarious-Lucy is so creative. I laughed out loud as I was reading your post. I agree that you should put down the chore list and just love your girls. It really is the best medicine in life. ~Melisa