Saturday, March 8, 2008

Bye-Bye boo-boos, it's been real!

So, the time has finally come. I have offically weaned little Gracie. It was a really hard decision for me, right up until the little stinker got her 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6th teeth all in one week. Then she decided that there was nothing better in the world to try them out on than mommy's boo-boos. So far the process has been pretty smooth. She seems to really love her milk and is doing great with her sippy cups.
When Gracie was born, I was so determined to do a better job nursing her than I managed with Lucy. I was committed to 3 months, and then 6 months, and then 1 full year. Unfortunately, we didn't make it all the way. It really is an awesome experience and for us it made life so much simpler. I am going to miss our boo-boo time, but I am sure we will still find plenty of cuddle time!

And what would a post be without a picture of big sister hamming it up for the camera. She is posing with her famous pink kitty, Jesus!

1 comment:

Melisa said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. You did a great job nursing this long. I have a constant struggle with the same issue for Katelyn. We will see how much longer I can make it work. Ha!