Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday - 10 years in the making

Today marks a very important milestone in our home. Chris and I have been married for 10 years today. It has been an awesome ride, mostly smooth, but sometimes bumpy. It amazes me every day that I was lucky enough to find someone who makes me laugh every day, provides a life full of love, and takes such great care of me and the girls.



1. I want to relive our wedding... Only with less stress, more calm, and more pictures.



2. I consider taking my wedding dress out of its archival box at least once every few months just for the chance to try it wear it again. I secretly hope that one of the girls will want to wear it someday when the take their own walk down the aisle.



3. Our wedding was fun. We still have people tell us how much fun they had that night.


4. We left our reception (in Victoria) at 11:00pm, and then drove to Houston. We spent about 3 hours packing and taking a nap (Chris) and then left for the airport to make our 6:20am flight to Cancun. Not the best recipe for romance on your wedding night.



5. When we got to our hotel for our honeymoon, we walked out to take a look at the beautiful beach. We were met with the frightful sight of a 60+ year old lady walking topless down the beach. Chris was a bit nervous the rest of the trip.



6. We bought our first house shortly before our 1 year anniversary. I will always think of that house as our first home and am not sure anything else will ever compare.



7. We have been blessed with two of the most adorable little girls in the world. They are the lights of our life and make each day even better.



8. Marriage is hard and can be frustrating, but totally worth it. Knowing you have someone in your corner at all times, makes anything seem possible. I wouldn't want anyone else in the ring with me.



9. Some days out of the blue, I will be struck with how much I love my hubby. I don't always tell him, but it is in those little moments that I realize how very blessed I am to be married to my bestest friend.



10. I can hardly wait to see what the next 10 years bring....

Happy Anniversary to the most wonderful husband in the world. Thank you for the best ten years of my life. You will never know how much I love you!

P.S. Thanks to the always awesome Granny and Poppy, we are spending the whole weekend away on the Riverwalk, relaxing and enjoying some much needed adult time! WoHOO!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you two have a ton of fun in San Antonio.