Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cheapo Before and Afters

So, I mentioned a while back about how I am addicted to Goodwill. Well, unfortunately, that addiction is has spread to the Dollar Tree, flea markets, or just about any place I can get a "good deal". It is amazing what a little spray paint, paper, glue and fabric can do for an item. It has been so fun seeing what kind of treasures I can find and then give a new, prettier life in our home.

Most of these ideas were copied from the millions of amazing blogs out there in cyber world. I have gotten so wrapped up in looking at all the great ideas out there, that I have to limit myself to nap time and after bedtime for surfing...If not, the girls would get pretty hungry and even dirtier!

These Dollar Tree frames became some much needed summer chore charts for the girls. Just a little spray paint and some scrapbook papers and embellishments. They are great cause we can just wipe off them off each week and start over. Unfortunately, getting the girls to do their chores, has not been as easy as this craft.


I first saw this idea here. Once I saw it, I was on the hunt for the items to make my own. Luckily, the Seguin Goodwill was where I hit the jackpot. I followed the instructions, except I decided to paint mine for all little lighter look for summer.
Judy and I found these horrible ugly plates at the Nautical Flea Market in Rockport a few weekends ago. With just a little heirloom white spray paint, it became a great addition to my summer beach look.
These little flowers are not a thrifty find, but they are cheap none the less. Just a couple bucks for fabric and buttons, and you will have plenty of these adorable little beauties. There are lots of tutorials on-line. I have actually made several different styles, but these are my favorite.



Looking forward to my next score,

1 comment:

kuykendall_family said...

Wow! So impressed!! Can you send me links on how to make the chore chart and the adorable fabric flowers! I need a cheap summer project!!!