Saturday, November 15, 2008

A magical transformation?

So, I got the awesome lens I was lusting after awhile back for my birthday... Thanks Mom and Dad!

I have been spending lots of time playing with it, but have been having a hard time getting the results I was expecting. I think I had some magically high hopes for the lens. I was expecting it to transform me into an awesome photographer with crystal clear pictures and superb color overnight... Unfortunately, it hasn't worked yet. This Cinderella is requiring lots of practice and the use of the delete button a ton. But, I am getting there!

I took this picture of Lucy, last night and I think we are headed in the right direction. Her eyes could be a little clearer and her hair could be a little less messy and she could have a cleaner face, but overall I am finally starting to get the hang of it...

Grace on the other hand is impossible to photograph right now. She is too busy to stop and smile for the camera and if she does she looks like she is trying to potty... It doesn't make for the best outcome. But her little profile is too cute, so for now I will have to settle for that!

What do you think? Black and white or color? I have a definite preference, but I want to know yours...

7 comments:

Melisa said...

i love b&w however, I always print the colored ones too because I am afraid that when I get older, I will want the color...to remember just how pink their cheeks were from being outside...or just how dirty blonde their hair used to be...etc...etc...but I DO LOVE BLACK AND WHITE

dfhardwick said...

The house looks awesome. I love both but think black and white have less glare and make better wall decor.

Kara said...

I love the black & white. What beautiful girls!
Can't wait for you to try out your skills on our family. ha

natalienicole said...

black and whites...
glad you're diving in with your new lens. which did you get?

Sabrina said...

Okay, I'm going against the grain by liking the color shots. They pop more and really show that you are blurring the background nicely. And the colors are nice, too. I'm definitely asking for the Canon version of your lens for Christmas, so hopefully you will have some good tips!!!

Anonymous said...

I like the color pictures - the one of Lucy is great! We need to get together and share camera tips!

Lisa said...

I like them both - maybe for a frame though the B&W? What camera did you get? I am SO wanting an SLR for Christmas - and it's not in the cards ;(