Monday, November 10, 2008

Random, randomness...

I feel like we have been running nonstop for the last three weeks. I haven't posted in so long, I hope you haven't all forgotten about little ole' me...
Anyways, I finally have my head back above water, or at least I am treading water better, so hopefully I can get you all caught up on the Varnell world.
First, Chris was out of town the last week of October. While he was gone, my grandmother passed away. It was very sad, but I know that she is in a better place. She had been battling her body for awhile and I think she is finally at peace.
Since the funeral was on Nov. 1, we spent Halloween night in a hotel. My aunt was nice enough to find us a place to trick-or-treat, so the kids at least got a little candy. I could have skipped the whole thing, but how do you tell a 4 year old, that she doesn't need a whole bucket full of candy? It was a short night, but at least she got a little sugar...
We came back home on my birthday, so we just had a little dinner with the family. I got some yummy pasta and some awesome gifts.
Last week, was even crazier with a Halloween repeat party and me getting ready for my Close to My Heart convention.
The Halloween party was rescheduled for last Wednesday. We were so lucky to have most of our friends still make it. It was a great chance for the kids to wear their costume one last time and for me to use up the many Halloween goodies, I had accumulated during the month.
I dropped the girls with my parents on Thursday afternoon and then off I went to San Antonio for a weekend of stamping, scrapping, and lots of food. It was a blast, but I was ready to get home. We got to make some really adorable projects and even got a sneak peek at some of the new products coming out in the spring.
Saturday night, I stayed in San Antonio with Missy for a little more girl time. We had a wonderful dinner at a really nice restaurants and then checked out "The Secret Life of Bees". It was so nice. I rarely get to just enjoy Missy's company without a million other things going on.
Anyways, I was back home yesterday to a whole new house. Chris had the whole house painted while I was gone. It looks so awesome. I can't even believe it. We finally picked a color and it is just perfect. The crew even changed out my chandelier in the entry and replaced our backdoor. I was a little nervous being gone during all the work, but it turned out so good, I am going to plan a trip every time we need a little work done.
Now, that I have rambled on and on, I hope that you feel a little caught up with us. Hopefully, I will get some new pics up soon of the house and the kids. I have been a bad photographer and haven't taken a lot of time to play with my birthday presents. I got a new lens and a new wireless card for my camera. I can't wait to play!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great minds must think alike - I had a very similar post yesterday ;)

Sorry about your grandmother. Even if it's for the best, it's still hard and sad. Here's hoping for a better November!