Wednesday, October 22, 2008

You too can feel good

So today was the big day....

I drove across the city.

I found my designated location.

I waited in line (a surprisingly short one).

Signed my name next to the big X.

Picked out my favorite booth (Lucky number 4).

And fulfilled my American duty.

I VOTED today... and early to boot!

This is not a political post! Lord knows, we have had plenty of those discussions in the last few months, but I was just so proud of me.

I have never missed a BIG election in my many years as a voting adult. I usually don't have an opinion about the candidates. I vote the way my husband would or my parents do, but not this year.

I watched as many of the debates as I could... I watched as little of the news as I could... And I read as much as I had time for.... and then I formed my own big-girl opinion. I picked the candidate that I felt would be the best for our country and would make it a better place for my children to grow up.

I feel good about my decision in my mind and my heart! Now go and vote for who makes you feel good!

Lucy and Gracie went along with me. It was so fun getting to show Lucy how the voting process works. She even helped me push the cast your ballot button. She has now added voting to her list of things she gets to do when she grows up... Gum and soda at 5, voting at 18, beer at 21, marriage at 25, becoming a mommy at 29. :)

5 comments:

natalie said...

Good for you! I am going on Monday, but I am not as brave as you. Chad will watch the girls while I go Mackenzie will have to wait to see how the voting process works! =)

Sara said...

Well, that's just great, now I have to go vote too so I can cancel out your vote. Hehe.

Happy Voting!!!

Sabrina said...

What a great role model!!! So cute about Lucy's timeline!!!!

Kara said...

I love the new background...too cute!

Lisa said...

I voted yesterday too - & I took Goosey along. I even let her fill in the little circle (not sure if that was legal or not, but I did carry her in my belly for 9 months, so technically she is part of me, right?) for president. I am very HOPEful on how this election will turn out on Tuesday, and I feel like this was the first election I was really pumped about.

Yay for you & voting!!!