Thursday, October 16, 2008

Can I get a Gobble, Gobble?

Last weekend, the girls and I went to see Granny and Poppy. It was a great, relatively relaxing visit. There was lots of yummy food, gymnastics in the backyard, discussions on the economy and the election, tricks on the treadmill, and free babysitting! What more could three girls ask for?

On Saturday, we ventured over to Cuero for the Annual Turkeyfest. It was a perfect small-town America festival, with a parade, sausage on a stick, a carnival, cotton candy, live music, and a world famous turkey. The girls had so much fun. They loved dancing in the big pavilion to the band. In about 5 mins, they had made lots of new friends and were playing an exciting game of tag.

Small towns have so much character, that I sometimes think we miss out on in the "big city". I daydream some days about moving to the country and enjoying a simpler, more relaxed lifestyle, in a town where everyone knows your name and you don't have to lock your doors at night... But then I remember that I am addicted to Chick-fil-a and probably wouldn't last a week without Target. Don't they say the grass is always greener on the other side...

Anyways, I digress... Here are some of the highlights of the Turkeyfest. I included a bunch, since my good friend, Kara, missed out!


















3 comments:

Kara said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! Thanks for sharing the pics (and for getting one of Logan). Tell Lucy I'm diggin' her cherry tattoo!

Sabrina said...

I love the pics and it looks like SO much fun!!! I hadn't thought of what a great photo op a parade would be--for the participants and adorable bystanders as well!!!

Lisa said...

looks like so much fun :) Love those down-home events too - even though I too couldn't live more than 5 minutes from Target!