Wednesday, July 23, 2008

We have finally hit parenthood...

Last night, after the kids were in bed Chris and I decided to sneak out for a little couple time. Kurt was home, so the kids were safe and off we went...

We got dressed and jumped in the truck. We listened to the radio and talked. It was so nice. No kids screaming or asking for something. Chris found a spot in the back and we parked. We held hands as we walked through the parking lot. I felt so young again, all excited over a night out with my man. It has been awhile since we were out alone after dark. We were going on a real date. WOOHOO!

As we strolled through the produce section and picked out bananas and oranges, I realized we are officially parents. A trip to the GOOD OLE grocery store, is not something I would have gotten dressed up for 5 years ago. Getting to push a cart with out someone riding in the front or hanging on the side, is not a thrill I would have enjoyed before the kids came along. And flirting with my husband, in the cereal aisle, is not something I would have thought sexy before we were Mommy and Daddy.

You really do have to enjoy the little moments.

P.S. Our computer is out of commission again. This time XP has crashed. Hopefully, we have someone coming to fix it tongiht. But it will probably be a while before I can post any new pics... Please don't cry too much! :)

2 comments:

Melisa said...

AWWW That is so cute! I feel your pain, grocery stores are no fun with little ones. I always try to plan so well but always forget something! Maybe next time you two can have a "REAL" date. ;-)

Anonymous said...

So happy for you and your man! You know I have always found the grocery store a great place to flirt!!

Love you,
M