Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm not 2 anymore...

Those were the first words out of Grace's mouth this morning. She has been so excited about her birthday. We have been talking about (and celebrating) it for weeks. We started out with a trip to Sea World over the Easter break (stay tuned for an upcoming post). Then Nana and Pawpaw came and took her to Build-a-bear last weekend for a pre-birthday treat. Today we had 3-shaped pancakes and
fruity pebble treats at school. Her teachers made her this cute crown to wear. They said she was so excited all day. When it was time to pass out the treats, she made all her classmates sit in their seats before they got their treat. Funny!
We played outside for awhile and acted pretty silly. It looks like she is running for office! Her campaign slogan... " I am fwee!"
I even was able to coax a few sweet smiles out of her. It is amazing what you can get, when there is 2 dozen purple cupcakes waiting inside!
Finally, it was time for the party. The Buskirks and Kurt and Agata came for dinner (spaghetti and meatballs), presents, and cupcakes! Grace had a blast. It was so great to see her so excited! She dove right into the presents and gave lots of sweet thank you hugs!
It wouldn't be Grace's birthday without purple cupcakes. They were really yummy (if I do say so myself) and were gone in no time!

All in all, it was an awesome day! I can't believe my baby is already 3. Where did the time go? I am so happy sad, I can't even explain it. I am so proud of Grace. She has such a sweet spirit, a giving heart, and a heavy dose of silly personality! She makes our days so much more fun and always keeps us on our toes. She is so excited about being a big girl, but I already miss my little baby!
Happy Birthday, Gracie! I hope this year is filled with all the giggles a little girl can handle! We love you past the stars and back!
Thinking 3 kids can't be that much harder,

4 comments:

Bill said...

Gracie looks so cute.... What a wonderful day she had... I wish we had been there but your pics are the next best thing... good job of capturing the spirit of the day... See you Saturday. Love, Dad

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Gracie! We had a wonderful time at your party.

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday sweet Grace! Can't believe she's already 3. My baby is about to be 4 ... it's happy and sad all at the same time. I understand your sentiments completely! Lucy is just beautiful. Miss you!

dfhardwick said...

I can't believe she is three. I can't believe my baby is seven! I am counting on three kids not being too much harder...keep me posted.