Thursday, January 15, 2009

Calling all Guinea Pigs!

Disclaimer: This is a totally self absorbed post... One that is hopefully not my usual nature. BUT I am desperate, people!

So, many of you know that I have a passion for taking pictures. I do it almost every day and spend hours on the computer studying and critiquing my shots. I have finally gotten most of the basics down, but what I really need is practice.

My kids and hubby are tired of being in my photographic cross hairs, so I am looking for a few good men, women, kids, babies... I will take them all. I just want(need) to practice, practice, practice.

So, if you are inclined to spend an afternoon letting your inner vogue model out, let me know. If you just want the possibility of a picture that has a chance of turning out okay, I am your girl. If your are just bored and need something to do, me and my camera can be great company! I promise that I won't make you do anything too crazy, just be yourself and let me capture it on film.

These are a few of my first subjects (as well as a few of my favorite shots of my kids). They were all so sweet to let me feed my inner need to be better!

Thanks so much to my first (but hopefully, not last) guinea pigs!







12 comments:

natalie said...

I am so glad you are doing this. You are so talented. I would love the girls to be guinea pigs. I have been the not so mother of the year and I haven't gotten Reagan's one year pictures and Mackenzie's birthday is approaching. Maybe in March??? Let me know details and we will work it out. Yay for you!!!

kuykendall_family said...

Your pictures are great - that is still my favorite pic of Lucy at the beach. We need to get together and compare photography notes! Let's find a day soon!!! Email me.

Sabrina said...

All of your pictures are soooooo fabulous!!! I love the two boys at the fence! You have worked with so many people--jealous! I feel like I have to BEG people to take their pics. Although I'm scheduled to do engagement portraits for my SIL and I'm already nervous. We'll be guinea pigs for sure--I'm NEVER in the picture!

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome Erin! You are definitely working your passion honey!!

dfhardwick said...

Please take pictures of us and our pets. You are so talentd. I will pay you! What is the opposite of mucho dinero? :) Just let me know when and we will drive to Pearland with beer. (for us and Chris) Seriously, please pencil us in.

dfhardwick said...

talented???

Anonymous said...

You are so very talented!! It is great to see you doing what you love and doing it so well. Proud of you! You can take my pic anytime..........

Love you,
M

Kristen said...

Any chance you're coming to San Antonio some time soon? I would love to get some good shots of the girls and our family. You are so very talented!

Anonymous said...

I love all of your pictures. I wish we were closer!
-Monica

kelli plemons said...

i have two "little" guinea pigs for you! tam said she would love for you to take some pictures of the babies. she thinks your pictures are fantastic!!!

Melisa said...

Kim said that she will gladly volunteer her family....you know it would be very little driving since you live down the street. I'll send you her email so you can get in touch with her. And if we lived closer, I would let Madison and Katelyn pose for you too. Your pictures are great. You should definitely talk to Gwen about the photo biz...www.betruephotography.com

Lisa said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!! I too LOVE taking pictures & keep dreaming of a nice, new camera! May have to copy some of those belly shots - what fun!!!