Sunday, February 28, 2010

40 before 40?

I have been toying with the idea of attempting to run 40 races (5k or 10k) by the time I turn 40. Since, I only have about 6.5 years left, it may not be feasible, but I am going to give it a try. To make the goal, I will have to run at least 6 a year from now on. I ran one several years ago, so I only needed 39 more :).

At the beginning of February Sara, Kelli, and I ran in the UMDF Christopher's Heart 5k Fun Run. It was great. We were going to do the walk, but then convinced ourselves to run at the last minute. We all did great! It was a really pretty day, but super cold when we started.


This Saturday, my dad and I, as well as 12,500 other people, ran the Houston Rodeo 5K. It was awesome. I have never been part of something so big. It was amazing how many people were gathered together. Chris, my mom, and the girls came to root us on. Dad and I ran the whole way together. He is much more experienced than me in running, so he set a great pace and I was able to improve my time by a whole 5 minutes. I was so excited!



I am not sure I will be able to keep up with my plan, but I will at least try. I have two more planned for this spring, so at least I am making a great start!

Happy Running,

2 comments:

Sara said...

I am actually looking for to our run in May. If I just listen to some tunes and keep my head down I should be able to make it. If you would please have some ice water waiting for me at the finish line.

dfhardwick said...

That is awesome!